The safety and well-being of our students and staff is our top priority in the Brooklyn City Schools. In light of the ongoing efforts to address the spread of COVID-19, otherwise known as the Coronavirus, the District has provided up-to-date resources to help our families stay safe and healthy during this time. The Brooklyn City Schools have also been proactive in communicating information with our families related to the extended closure of school due to COVID-19. To view the above information, please visit the District's COVID-19 Updates and Resources page.
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19 and flu, follow these important tips:
- Stay home when you are sick. Please be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Additional information can be found at:
Ohio Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Proper hand washing (English)
Proper hand Washing (Spanish)
If you have any questions, please contact us at 216-485-8100.
Mark Gleichauf, Ed.D.