As we have been hearing more about the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), it’s important that you know the District is working proactively to address the concern and want to provide you with prevention information.
To date, there have been three confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the State of Ohio. The District is monitoring the current situation with updates from the Ohio Department of Health and is taking proactive measures to ensure the safety of our students.
The school district has increased its cleaning schedule for frequently touched areas such as drinking fountains, desks, doorknobs and bannisters.
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19 and flu, follow these important tips:
- Stay home when you are sick. Please be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Additional information can be found at:
Ohio Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Proper hand washing (English)
Proper hand Washing (Spanish)
If you have any questions, please contact us at 216-485-8100.
Mark Gleichauf, Ed.D.