New Student Registration
The Brooklyn City School District is open to all Brooklyn Residents.
Please click below to verify your address before beginning the registration process.
CITY OF BROOKLYN - OFFICIAL ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF STREETS & ADDRESSES
IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE:
- You must register online (see link provided below).
- Please use a desktop computer, we recommend Firefox or Chrome browsers (no mobile device).
- Please save your work as you go. Fill in all questions completely (incomplete applications will be returned/denied).
- Preschool children must be 3 years of age before September 30th and potty trained. You must choose preschool enrollment.
- Preschool Students will need a code before they can be registered. Please contact the district @ 216-485-8112 for your access code.
- Kindergarten children must be 5 years of age before September 30th. You must choose kindergarten enrollment.
- Grades 1st through 12th, choose the appropriate grade.
During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Brooklyn City School District continues to follow public health and safety guidelines issued by Governor DeWine. Please read the directions below carefully.
1. Please visit our website at www.brooklyn.k12.oh.us and click on the “New Student Registration” tab or simply go to https://brooklyn.esvportal.com. Once you have entered the link, you must create an account to access the parent portal. Follow the instructions given.
2. Collection of required documentation during COVID-19 outbreak-
IMPORTANT! After you have entered your student(s) information online with OneView, we must collect the documents listed below. The following options are available:
A. Scan and upload directly to the registration portal in OneView using the upload buttons where applicable.
B. Fax documents to 216-485-8118.
C. Take a photo via cell phone of each document and then forward through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each photo must clearly show the information needed (ex: name/address/date).
D. Provide copies. Place copies (not originals) of all required documents in an envelope labeled with your child’s name and grade level and schedule a drop off time.
E. Photo copy and mail via U.S. mail. Please allow extra time for processing.
F. Schedule a time to meet in person to provide documents. Registration is by appointment only, please call 216-485-8112. Only the parent/legal guardian is needed. Please do not bring children to the appointment unless necessary. Appropriate physical distancing will be in place. If possible, please wear a mask to your appointment. If you or someone in your household is sick at the time of your appointment, please call to reschedule or make other arrangements.
- Proof of Birth: Original birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian ID: Driver’s License, State ID, Passport
- Immunization record
- Physical (PS and KG only, see Part Nine of registration)
- Custody/Guardianship papers if applicable.
- Proof of Residency – One of the following with your name and address:
Proof of ownership (deed, title, mortgage statement) or
Current signed lease
- Two (2) current utilities (within 30 days).
- Residency/Custody Affidavit *Mandatory and must be notarized
(see Part Nine of registration)
- Please note, if you do not have a Mortgage or Lease in your name and are residing with a friend or family member who is the homeowner, the homeowner MUST fill out the Owner’s Affidavit (see Part Nine of registration) and have it notarized
Only legal residents who are the parent or legal guardian of the child may complete the registration process. All certified court orders pertaining to guardianship and custody must be presented at the time of registration.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Mrs. Laura Baker